Tuesday, September 10, 2013

chapter 01


The thing that caught my attention in chapter one is as soon as I open to the first chapter was its title “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” really in itself tells the reader a vivid idea about the chapter before you start reading. Another fact that I found to be important would be the kind of equipment they need to use to contain all of our garbage on a daily basis and they even consider their job as a piece of art like Mike Speiser ”Big Mike.”  He claims that his job is creating master pieces out of other peoples’ garbage; he has this unique ability that his employees would call it magical because he can see the master piece within it before it was formed.  Another interesting fact about this chapter is that all of the garbage in the Los Angeles area goes to Puente Hills, which I did not know with the detail that Big Mike uses a sixty-thousand pound compacter everyday to maintain the garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment